Saturday 2 February 2008

Some pics for your gratification

Right, just a quick update with a couple of pics.

I finally managed to finish welding up the stainless exhaust brackets and making them look ok. I'm not overly concerned with aesthetics as they will not really be seen; more concerned that they do their job!

I also mentioned yesterday that I'd put up a pic of the finished remnants of the distributor.

You've already seen the cut down version, well this one has an ally cap on (to keep the dirt out). The cap was made from an offcut of 2" diameter bar, chucked(!) in lathe and turned down.

I've managed to get it so it had to be heated (over gas flame) to expand it slightly then slipped over end of dizzy. Left to cool and it's a nice tight fit! Pleased with that.

I'm going to be selling my tintop so I can look for a diesel van with windows (probably an Espace, maybe a Galaxy depending on who comes up with the right deal), so we'll be down to one car

"Unless I get toy car back on the road." says I.

"Go on then!" says swmbo

So I'm guessing that is permission to get it finished - which means I might get some done tomorrow (well later today).

You should find out tonight!!!

Bye for now.

No comments: