Sunday 17 August 2008

Okay okay, so it's Monday....

How's that for a quick update (though his will be very short) , or as you might have gathered, I should've titled this page:

Good news, brill news and oops.

The good bit is that I managed to spend quite a lot of time on the bonnet and it's very nearly done.

The brill news is that following all the aggro I've had trying to get the ECU and laptop to communicate, having sent the unit back to Emerald (who checked and confirmed it was fine) and having done all they asked, and not having had the ecu on the car for 3+ months while I've been doing the bonnet, I decided to recheck the wire to one of the pins they said was essential for pc/ecu communications.

Looked at multiplug and yes, it was wired to pin 11, but for some strange reason I saw fit to disconnect said plug from ecu and check the other end............................

Ahhh, no connector - it kept slipping out, so last night I sorted that out and this evening plugged in the laptop and.............bingo. We have comms, so the mapping can start. Cool huh!

The oops is the bonnet, just managed to put a roll of kitchen tissue on some wet primer. Doh!

Anyway, said it would be short.

Later:)

No comments: