Sunday 5 October 2008

What a day...

We had friends over last weekend and I had had the car running (to check for water leaks and cos friend wanted to see it) and he noticed a burning smell. "Oil" I asked, "No, plastic" was the reply. "That'll be the plastic wiring convulted tubing then." I replied. So today I decided I ought to sought that out, which took most of the day.

I managed to get the bonnet partially sprayed yesterday (in white) and it looks awful, so I'm going to redo that part in matt black. The nosecone part will be red. Also managed to get bonnet/nosecone fixed to car at the front (hinges) and one of the rear overcentre catches. I'll do the other one evening this week.

Had another friend over this evening and we now appear to have brakes, which is helpful.

The engine side panels are fixed at the top, but I need to raise car to get the underside fixings done, and while I'm at it, I'll modify the sump guard and fix that back on.

Anyway, I'll be off for now and hopefully next weekend the car will be back on the road with a few minor jobs needing to be done, but I'll do those as and when. It's two years since I started this little conversion and I'm kind of losing patience with it:D

Till then and hopefully with dyno chart, and car on road vid:D

Later, as they say.....

No comments: