Saturday 7 August 2010

We're on the road again:)

Left work 10 minutes early yesterday so I could get home and sort the last remaing point from the mot fail; being the "hub component fouling chassis" - in effect, because the side panels now stick out further than they used to, the wheel arches rubbed the body.

Easy fix though - just snip the cable tie holder the steering rack rubber in place, slide back and screw two more jubilee clips to each side. Use two each end, but so each clips tail goes into other clip.

Anyway, got up early and got car to test station for 8.00am and had to leave it there for an hour as there were a couple of cars in front of me (though guv'nor said he'd try and get me in between the two - only a retest on the failed parts). Went home and had tea and toast, then more toast!!

At 8:50 I wandered back to shop and was advised he was doing paperwork. Two more mins I was back in car driving home. Put car on driveway, got V5/ins and new mot and drove (other car) to post office. Quarter hour later I was fitting rfl disc in car, then drove off to work, where I had a chat with the chap who'll be doing a bit of paint!!

Me happy, just need to get car set up properly!

Pics and vid to come!

No comments: