Saturday 29 December 2007

Had to call Emerald a day or so back as I decided that the throttle position sensor I was going to use (of the original Land Rover or SD1) , was a going to be inconvenient to use as I'd have inconsitent wiring colours. I also needed an air temperature sensor, which I'd omitted in my original order.

Turns out ordering the TPS was the right thing to do, as no sooner had I started comparing the two potentiometers, two of the wires in the old unit came adrift where they enter the unit rendering it useless. It's also now one less thing to cause concern for possible breakdowns in the future:)

Anyway, here's a pic of the dual entry manifold I made. You can see the throttle linkage on the far side. I would have needed to make another for top left of pic which need to be liked. Nightmare!



This is what the general layout was going to look like:


I didn't use the Rover manifolds either - they were from a P6, but turbos were too low - hitting the lower chassis rails and not enough drop from the the turbo oil drains to the sump.
Ended up making some from Schedule 40 butt weld tube. It's about 4mm thick 316 stainless, so should be more than up to the job.
I add a few more pics over the next couple of instments, just to bring you up to date. Gotta go now, need some heatshrink, and swimbo's just got back from shopping.

















No comments: