Friday 26 December 2008

Christams already!!!

Can't believe it, it's nearly two months since the last post, and what's been achieved? Well, not much really. I have most of the stuff I need to get on with the car - to do the jobs recommended by Emerald's Dave Walker, but am still lacking enthusiasm, I guess I was hoping it would work ok ad I'd be on the road by now. Haven't even bothered to renew the road tax yet (SORN'd instead) as it may be a while before I'm ready. It also needs an MOT so...

First thing I need to do is get the mechanical bits sorted - first job is to find out why I have such low oil pressure, then get a return fuel line in, get pressure reg mounted up front, get the cage fixed in place and painted, get glass for screen etc etc.

After that, a bit of painting as I started "restoring" the arches at the front after I noticed how chipped they were, then the scuttle was glaring at me, then the rear arches.......

So, I may get around to starting this over the Christmas holiday - though I have the two boys to look after, and they take priority.

I've got the marshalling to oversee for the Sunbeam Motorcycle Club's Pioneer Run late in March, so I have three months to get above lot sorted, get car MOT'd/Taxed and back to Emerald so the mapping can be finished.

Will try and do some work and keep posting a little more frequent and regular.

Happy Christmas and great New Year to y'all:D

Simon.

No comments: