Saturday 31 January 2009

Done it again...

Nearly another month or so has passed and.........

I'm still no nearer getting the car back on the road, well, in its current state anyway.

I've had a major change or plan which, whilst I'm still up for the turbo idea, is proving to be a complete pita, so for the moment, I'm going to get a 3.9 and chuck that it, and get the twin turbo unit on the bench (have to make one first!!!) and have a rethink - probably single turbo mounted on the passenger side (but fed by all eight cylinders - in case you were wondering!).

It just so happens that, having spent the last month or so on the lookout for a complete Range Rover or similar - which were usually several hundred miles away, and untaxed/motless, I found a pleaseant chap fairly local who's broken a complete 3.9 RR that he was going to use for a project.

Needless to say, a quick call ensued and a "BIN" on the bay took place. Not only am I to get a 3.9 with ECU, loom, fuel pump etc etc - I will also have a load of RR running gear that I'll need to sell; a) as I don't want/need it and, b) will get some money back from.

So that's put me in a slightly more positive frame of mind - looks like I'll be busy next weekend:)

Anyway, if all goes to plan, some more updated next week, with pics and smiles and happiness all round:D

Till then.

Simon

No comments: