Thursday 5 February 2009

A New Start, perhaps

Just a quick post to let you know that I got my new engine last night. It's a 3.9l V8 from a 1994 Range Rover Classic (about 200bhp). It's done about 80,000 miles and has had the top end done.

I found it on ebay, having just flagged up about 15 Range Rovers that were potential donors, I came across an ad for, well, all the running gear (axles/box/transfer box, complete loom, ecu, pump - all I need and more).

Phoned the chap up, sounded nice enough, asked if he'd split as I only needed engine/ecu/loom and pump and he said he'd prefer not to. Anyway, I now have a load of stuff to sell - which, if I'm lucky will ensure I get the engine for not a lot. Maybe even free, which would be nice!

So, this weekend, it all kicks off. I'm going to try and remove the turbo'd engine, then swap over the flywheel and clutch assembly, move the alternator to the new engine (to the correct position), then plan on installing it the following week.

While the engine is out, I'll have a quick tidy up in the engine compartment, and get the other fuel line installed.

So, till then then, with pics hopefully.

Simon

No comments: