Monday 9 February 2009

Few bits....

Just a very quick update!

Phoned Rimmer Bros today and ordered some flywheel bolts and a new spigot bush - not sure if that's actually required as I haven't taken the auto drive plate off the new engine yet, but for the sake of a couple of quid, decided it would be worth having.

It occurred to me this evening, after I'd removed the flywheel about the sense in getting a new thrust bearing and complete clutch. The old stuff seems in reasonable nick, so probably not worth the expense; or is it....

Time will tell I guess.

Also removed the take off plate for the Mocal remote filter assembly, which will also need to be transferred to the new engine, and while I'm at it, I removed the starter motor.

Tomorrow, well later today (being Tuesday already), I'm planning on removing the auto box parts from the new engine and going to finish cleaning the engine.

Anyway, that's it for tonight. More Wednesday hopefully.

Simon

No comments: