Friday 13 February 2009

New Dawn starts later.. like morning!

Last night (being Thursday, this being Saturday morning - with me so far!), I attached the flywheel and clutch to the new engine and removed the engine mountings from 3.9 engine.

This evening (being Friday:) I started cleaning up the remote filter housing ready for installation to new engine and guess what?

The pressure release valve was sticking. Needless to say, I'm quite relieved in a way that it was something simple. That solves the low pressure issue. Still, it's fairly irrelevant now, I'll just have to keep an eye on oil pressure. Cleaned it all up and ressembled it and it seems ok. Fingers crossed.

When the turbo engine goes into the next project, the chassis will be designed around it, so I can revert, for the most part, to standard production items - such as the orginal filter takeoff.

Anyway, I got the new engine home and it's sitting on the garage floor. First thing in the morning, I have to go and get a new oil pump gasket, then swap over the remote takeoff, drain engine oil and remove some of the useless bits of engine compartment ventilation and side mounted air filter housings.

I'll also need to get some "P-clips" and get the other fuel line in (going down the transmission tunnel, next to existing one) while engine is still out - no I haven't done it yet.

When that's all done, we (a friend is coming over to help) can get the engine in.

Then starts the wiring rehash, locating the ecu and airflow meter etc etc. I know I could use the Emerald, but I'm going to stick with the Land Rover bits as far as possible.

Anyway, won't say anymore, or there'll be no point reading the next exciting instalment.

Will there:D

Till tomorrow (or this evening, as the case may be)

Simon

No comments: