Sunday 15 February 2009

Pics, pics and er, pics

Ok, as promised, a quick update in pictoral form - and apologies in advance, some are a bit rubbish!

I didn't get a chance to do any work on the car today - needed to get my swimming fix in, then took some rubbish to the dump, then went out for lunch at the sailing club and finally, got home and cleaned the inside of my bus:
which took the best part of 2 hours!!!!! Well, theres a lot to clean:D

Anyway, back to toy car, this (rather dark/dull and out of focus) pic was taken the evening before the new engine installation and the lighting is quite poor. It's only an empty engine bay, so hardly worth getting excited about.


This is a pic of how far I got installing the new fuel return line. You have to bear in mind the aggro it took to get this baby down the transmission tunnel and my reluctance to start bending it (by hand) to the correct shape. I'm sure it'll be ok once I get started though.





As you can see, this is a pic of the engine, now in situ. Notice it still has the three inch high flame trap - which won't fit under the bonnet. Easy fix, as I have a flat takeoff on the other engine that I'll fit to this engine, which will allow me to lay this one down, and out of the way.


Here' a pic of the engine in situ, from the front - thinking my bonnet is going to need quite a bit of hacking around to get that plenum to fit, and the airflow meter and the air filter:D


Anyway, that little lot should be enough to keep you amused till next weekend, when I hope to have

a) done the return fuel line - meaning bent to shape, connected to fuel tank and "P-clipped" into place

b) got the fuel injection pipes connected to fuel line

c) got ecu and engine wiring into place

d) got the alternator mounted

e) maybe one or two other jobs too.

Detling KitCar Show in about 10 weeks!

Till next time

Simon

No comments: