Thursday 3 January 2008

Lack of progress - forecast

Last night I decided to try and clear some of the tissue from the three cylinders that it's visible in .

Firstly I tried a piece of stainless wire, with a small sharp hook bent onto the end. That was boring and slow. Next up was petrol. Everyone likes a big bang, so I found an old syringe (used for measuring hardener for glassfibre resin actually) and squirted some fuel down the driver's side cylinders.

Got a long length of piano wire, wrapped a piece of masking tape to the end, lit it and using this, lit the fuel vapour in cylinders.

Had some very, very loud bangs. Unfortunately (in this case), petrol tends to burn very quickly, so didn't seem to have much effect on the tissue.

I also tried chucking petrol in all the pots, putting plugs back in, leads on and spinning it over, but I think I still have the inlet tracts blocked on the rest of the cylinders, as it didn't want to fire properly.

And so, the reason for the title hereof, I think I'm going to have to wait till the weekend, and strip the inlet manifold off (and interoolers etc) and get out what I can from the other end. I may even get a blowtorch. I will not be taking the heads off.

So, from me, till possibly Saturday evening....

Wish me luck

No comments: