Monday 4 May 2009

Getting there!!

Another quickish update I'm afraid.

Didn't quite get the whole (long) weekend on the car, but I've had a good few hours today and a little time yesterday!

You'll recall the list that needed doing went something like this:

Need to make a bracket for the air flow meter
Modify exhausts as no turbo's to connect pipes anymore
Wiring will need sorting
Sort the bonnet out
Fit the radiator and plumb in
Paint the rest of the bodywork
Modify the alternator bracket
Get roll bar sorted!
Throttle linkage (which I'd forgotten)

Well the exhausts are all connected from manifold to tail pipe on both sides, so that's one of the bigger jobs done. I've also made the mounting bracket for the airflow meter - not a pretty site, but hey, just won't open the bonnet! The other successes for the day were getting throttle linkage connected up and modifying the alternator brackets. So now throttle works and alternator is back in place.

List now looks like (in order I'll do them, I think):

Fit the radiator and plumb in
Sort the bonnet out
Get roll bar sorted
Wiring
Paint the rest of the bodywork

Let's face it, fitting the radiator isn't going to take too long, possible an hour or two depending on pipework route, and how it all fits under the bonnet - it'll be slightly different than turbo route as I had the coil packs and didn't need to go over dizzy, which I now do.

The bonnet I should be able to do in a day - a fairly intensive day, and likewise sorting the rest of bodywork a similar time. The rollbar should take about four or five hours.

Still to sort the wiring, which I keep looking at and getting nowhere. It's a bit irritating really as whereever you look on the web it only needs about three wires. Can I find the elusive three?

Anyway, going for a nice cup of tea now, and will have a little more time on car tonight and tomorrow evenings, then next weekend hopefully.

Maybe more pics midweek.

Till then

Simon

No comments: